In this episode, I interview the VP of Cadenza Artists, Greg Kastelman. Greg talks about his own journey entering the performing artists industry and learning the ropes to becoming a successful agent. He also shares some valuable advice for musicians and performers who are self-managed.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Greg’s personal story about growing into a professional agent
- The surprising reason why internal success is vital to team success
- 3 lessons artists and managers can learn from rejection
- The single most important thing you need for creativity to flourish
- Three traits agents look for in authentic artists
- The #1 thing you need to catch the attention of an agent
- Why social media is so important for artists today
This episode features music by the Mexican jazz rock and world music band, Troker:
“Fijate que Suave” and “La Trampa.”
Check out Episode 6 with Greg Kastelman on iTunes or stream it below, as part of the Pedal Note Media Network.