Denise Tryon is the Horn Professor of Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore and, until last year, was fourth horn of the Philadelphia Orchestra (2009-2017).
What lead her away from performing full time in a coveted orchestra position? Listen to the interview to find out!
You’ll also discover:
- How she fell in love with playing low horn even while others looked down on her decision
- How taking control of your life can make a huge difference in auditions
- How she started “Audition Mode” with Karl Pituch to help musicians be more successful when taking auditions
- How she’s able to teach horn players all over the world without leaving her home, and
- Why she chose an octopus as her personal logo 🙂